What Are the Requirements?
Requirements to be Considered for VA-ECAP Credential Program
There are three application requirements:
- 21 years or older.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development.(Bachelors and Masters degree in any field will be accepted.)
- Three years or more of documented experience as a supervisor/administrator in a center-based early childhood program.
Requirements for the Courses
- Access to a computer with capability to work on WORD & EXCEL documents/scanner/printer/webcam
- Access to a center-based early childhood program to implement theory in practice via course assignments
- Access to high speed internet connectivity
- Valid email address
- Comply with NOVA’s prerequisites for CHD 120 & CHD 205
SFL's VA-ECAP team will determine required courses for each student during the application process.
All applicants must have, at minimum, an Associate’s degree in ECE-CD in order to be accepted into VA-ECAP Credential Program.
In addition, Bachelors or Masters degree in any field will be accepted. If you meet one of the formal education qualifications requirements, check “Yes” under VA-ECAP Application Requirements section on the VA-ECAP online application form.
You must provide proof of your formal education by attaching a copy of your official transcript(s) to the VA-ECAP online application form.