Preparing to Apply
Please read this information before you begin to work on your VA-ECAP application
- This application must be completed online, in one sitting!
- You will need approximately 15-20 minutes to complete this application.
- Application can be completed using a desktop, laptop, or a handheld device provided you have the capacity to upload relevant required documents.
- Check your browser setting to ensure that you will not be timed-out while completing this application.
- Attachment file size limitation is 5 Mb.
- Ensure you meet the application submission deadline.
- Ensure you meet all application and course requirements.
Be sure you have the following information when completing the application
- Valid email address.
- Name and address of the early learning program where you are currently employed or to which you will have access while enrolled in the VA-ECAP Credential Program.
- Early Childhood Program Accessibility Verification Letter from the program administrator (in PDF/WORD format) if not currently employed at an early learning program.
- Level I: applicants must submit a copy of their valid CDA Credential in PDF format. Expired CDA Credentials will not be accepted. Level II: Submit copy of official transcript(s) (translated and evaluated, if applicable) in PDF format.
- Credit card information for $15.00 non-refundable application fee.
Please Note: Applicants have the option of mailing a check, however application processing time may be delayed. If you pay by check, please be sure to submit your application online and follow instructions in the email which you will receive after submitting your application. Envelope must be postmarked by the application deadline date.
- Early learning program license expiration date
- Ages served at the early childhood program where employed or you will have access to while enrolled in the courses
- Early learning program type (nonprofit, for‐profit, faith-based, Head Start, etc.)
If you have questions before or during the application process, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1.866.584.2900 M-F 9-5:30 PM Eastern Time.