Encouraging Teachers, Engaging Students
To see The Source for Learning in action, don’t stop by our offices. Instead, look over the shoulder of a preschool teacher in rural Texas as she confidently assesses the kindergarten-readiness of a dozen five-year-olds. Or watch a third-grade teacher in Pennsylvania navigate a wilderness of online learning tools, in minutes, to discover just the right approach for a lesson on human anatomy. Or shadow a middle-schooler in Atlanta as he pecks out a midnight research paper at his family’s kitchen table. (Last semester, without our backup, he spent his evenings scavenging wi-fi signals at a coffee house miles from home.)
Exceptional teaching, learning, and professional growth, made possible at little or no cost. That’s what we do.
The Source for Learning:
- Rich, reliable content—created, curated, and aggregated by professional educators
- The web’s foremost collection of K-12 learning resources
- User-centered professional learning, with topics for early childhood through high school.
Keys to Professional Development and Classroom Success
The best teachers never stop learning. So, given their demanding schedules, they look for the shortest path to trusted resources, whether for growth as professionals or for effectiveness in the classroom.
That path most often leads them to online services from The Source For Learning, for:
- Classroom Resources
Assets that cover countless subjects, for settings that range from early learning through high school.
- Professional Learning
The highest quality in original topics, coaching, professional advancement, and peer support.
We invite you to Explore
An almost boundless archive of curated, classroom-ready content and ideas with built-in guidance from seasoned professional to help make effective classroom use trouble-free.
- Time-saving, user-friendly format
- Advertising-free content
- Original teaching tools developed by professional educators
- More than 15,000 teacher reviewed web resources
A variety of formats provide educators with the latest in ed-tech tools coupled with instructional strategies and practical tips for effective use in the classroom. Interactive and engaging, because it’s OK2Ask©!
- Virtual Workshops — Hands-on learning, offered live and on-demand
- Twitter Chats — Learning spurts designed to connect and grow PLNs
- Blog — Short, informative articles that guide and inspire professional growth
- All lead by experienced EdTech coaches; all free for teachers
In a safe, social media platform for Middle Level Science education. MySciLife engages students by empowering them to role-play concepts in science, as they interact with their peers in school and around the world.
- Students learn using technology they know and like
- Safe and secure - COPPA compliant
- MySciLife can be used with any curriculum
- Contains NGSS aligned learning modules
- Educators share and learn in the MySciLife teacher community
Early Childhood Education
Lifelong training is essential for teacher effectiveness, but time and budgets can be tight. SFL's Free Early Childhood Education webinars put valuable new knowledge within easy reach.
- Designed for teachers working with children from birth to 66 months.
- Presented by practiced ECE professionals
- Attend live or on-demand sessions and receive clock hour credits
In many parts of the US, and in schools with limited means, Internet access remains problematic. SFL helps level the field by offering wireless broadband through its hotspot loan program and other educational initiatives.
- Available in more than 20 metropolitan areas
- Service students, educations, and administrators
- At minimal or no cost